Tuesday 18 January 2011

What music means to me

One of the songs from my childhood is 'Happy Birthday' by The Beetles. This is because it was what my dad played every morning on my birthday until I was about 10. This song means a lot to me because it reminds me of a lot of good times I have had.


Another song that means a lot to me is 'The Real Slim Shady'by Eminem. I started listening to this when I was around 10. As my mother disproved of this type of music, it made me feel independent as it was my choice of music and she couldn't stop me listening to what I wanted.


Another song that I feel is important to me is 'Duality' by Slipknot. This is because it was one of the first heavy metal songs that I enjoyed and opened my eyes up to the metal genre which is now what I listen to the most. It is also not a mainstream genre so I feel independent when I listen to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment